Kyritz site

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Stärkefabrik Kyritz was built in 1873 by the businessman Carl Conrad and originally utilised only for the production of potato starch. In the beginning, potato processing amounted to 125 tonnes per day. In 1991, Emsland-Stärke GmbH acquired the starch plant, which in the meantime had become a limited liability company.

Since this time, an extensive redevelopment of all plant areas has taken place. Today in Kyritz, up to 270,000 tonnes of potatoes are annually processed by around 100 employees to 60,000 tonnes of potato starch.

Other valuable parts of the potato, such as fibres in wet and dry form, are also produced and fruit and process water fed to agricultural operations because of its fertilising value. With a refined fraction of 55 % a significant fraction of native potato starch is converted to high-quality starch modifications, which are also basic materials for the production of mixed starch products at the plant.

Within the corporate group the Kyritz plant has developed to an important site for the production of refined starch products for the foodstuff industry and supplies customers all over the world.

In the coming years, the Kyritz plant will be increasingly concerned with the further development of processes for starch production and refining. Parallel to this, aspects of a still greater utilisation of potato contents are increasingly emerging. This will be related to new processes and technologies which further improve  the qualification of handling water resources.