Golßen site

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Golßen plant, where potato starch, dextrin, special glues and cooking oil were produced until 1945, was built by the brothers Paul and Artur Lösche. In 1991 the Golßener Stärkefabrik was acquired by Emsland-Stärke GmbH. Since that time, extensive investments, in the millions, have been made in order to improve the technical know-how and capacities. Daily processing was increased from 600 tonnes to 1,500 tonnes. Furthermore, in 1999 the largest dextrin plant in Europe, which now produces 30,000 tonnes of dry-cationic starches annually with a daily production of up to 180 tonnes, was built there. Changes to the chemical additives in 2008 further improved product quality in order to meet the demands of the global market.

 

The greatest part of native starch is processed to dry-cationic starches and then marketed. Only a small part of around 5,000 – 7,000 tonnes is sold unrefined.

The areas of application are the paper, textile, adhesive and chemical-technical industries.

The Golßen site, together with the Danish company Aller Aqua Technologies APS, constitutes the Emsland-Aller Aqua GmbH, founded in September 2006 and the newest affiliate of the Emsland Group. Here e.g. pea protein is produced, an important basic material for the fish feed plant built at this site. Overall, around 126,000 tonnes of potatoes and 23,000 tonnes of peas are processed here annually.